mission statement

I, Kyle "KDOG" Meyer, am creating this blog to document an exciting time in my life. I will use it to provide pictures, updates, entertainment and useful information to family, friends, and the internet community.

Friday, January 27

mystic island fest

yesterday just kind chilled at the campgrounds and painted a coconut of a face with my newest neighbors. I put the coco in a tree to watch people. last nigt mainly read the book urban homestead.I slept in today to try to get me on a semi late night schedule. I'm charging my phone right now in the Internet room at the campgrounds, yeah they have an Internet room, badass. they also have cold showers. the beach was super warm but slowly gained depth. sharks were also some noise in the air. last night was a real chill for pre pre party. today I volunteers checking wristbands and doing security(karma patrol) for 4 hours while watching a huge some being constructed. open ceremony was with some natives teaching us about the aina(land) aloha(love) and ourself(god). the tents are packed like Tetris! we have a picnic table close so it's a nice social spot for our neck of the woods. today volunteering I really thought about growing asparagus and why we have to pay to get into festivals. this doesn't seem like the most organized festival but I think It will all come together and everyone will be happy! I'm slightly worried about gettin my 100 dolla refund for volunteering because of hearing some previous years volunteers never got their loot. the didgeridoos I can hear from this Internet room are motivating me to want to play more. I have a lot to pay forward from my journey so far, I'm feeling so blessed. I received a donation for me on my journey which will motivate me to more closely examine the thing I use it to buy. thank you so much for supporting me during this growth spurt. i might get a chance to get dive certified for a fraction of the normal price threw a friend which it what I might spend on for my maui experience. I haven't really done anything like it yet and kinda thought I would like to do that or go fishing. a great white was spotted not far off of oahu .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqs1eJ81bqI this is what I guess some people call new age fest. yoga, raw foods, ecstatic dance, love, light. there not a vibe that people will be drinking heavily or drinking much at all. most are here to raise up their consciousness about community, communication with others self and the divine. walking down the path I seen a cat skirrt out of an open tent. haha. I think my intentions for this trip so far have come along good. In the past I might have considered my self a hippy I think now I consider myself more of a hippy. haha. it could be I'm starting to believe more in organic farming, I want to call people sister and brother and I want to chant songs about raising spirits dancing around a fire, and I would probably do it naked. doing security I met this kid while asking him getting his wristband, and he was with his dad. his dad was doing photography for a book of bliss. they live in Chicago and there are a lot of vibration raising events there he said. seen a lil baby at the fest today getting me excited for my brother and his family and my sister and hers and our family. I'm scheduled to volunteer for some thing i wanted to see ( ram dass) mainly because I seen him in the documentary "magic trip" that I watched waiting for my plane to maui. I am pretty satisfied with my iPhone except for the battery life. I have been having dejavu like a mofo. must be island magic. been using some affirmations lately. I know they work. been keeping up with friends for the most part and if your reading this and want to chat call me up. I'm havin a felling that maui is going to be my favorite island. felt like I get excited about the near future and just seeing people. going back to oahu and home but I guess ram dass's thing is "be her now" so possible to get get more in the mind frame or now. well I got a bit of a charge so back out to the fest. love yall

No comments:

Post a Comment