mission statement

I, Kyle "KDOG" Meyer, am creating this blog to document an exciting time in my life. I will use it to provide pictures, updates, entertainment and useful information to family, friends, and the internet community.

Wednesday, December 14

da boys

da boys. haha these guys are great, all travelers, good musicians, film maker, just liven it up in Waikiki for the moment. kicked it with these fellas a few nights, went to a bar after kickin it one night to get out of the rain, drinks were super taxed. 5 bucks for a draft. I bought one then hit the dance floor, waited outside after the bar closed and met this girl from Sweden. she was pretty and nice and we kinda just walked around for a bit then it started to rain crazy again. we were comedians for bit and also keep telling ourselves how beautiful the rain was to distract our minds from thinking damn I'm soaked. we went to a dance club and tore the floor up. after that I helped her find her hostel using my phone. wished I could of stayed at the hostel and meet some more people but all were booked. I talked to kid at the bar who worked at one and he said it was the biggest hostel week of the year. iowa city still beat it out. I told that to the girl from Sweden and she told me " you are here and it's now". I got a late bus and did some writing them made it to my buddy's where my pack was and passed out on his couch. I owe a huge thanks to them for being so kind and generous to me. thank you corey and liz. I really hope to find a cool way to kick back the people who have helped me on my journey so far. I will! I called some farms on big island today and one told me they were booked and it's a super busy time of year for wwoofing. I called he next farm that has horses and such and she said she doesnt think it will be a problem if I come. she said she just had a large group leave and more were on there way. I gave her my woofer I'd number so she could check out my profile and she said she would get back to me tomorrow. I signed up to volunteer for the mystic island fest on Maui from feb 26-30. I might stay with a friend of some of my friends for a night there too but will be contacting farms in my free time this week for Maui. meeting a lot of sweet people here at the fire tribe gathering and am excited for the rest of the week. last night got real cold on the mountain but I had long underwear on deck. my tent has stayed dry on the inside dispute the occasional heavy rainfall. I've been eating good getting a little exercise. migt stay in a hostel between this gathering and rainbow or might stay with friend met at this gathering. I'm going to try to keep posting but I know I will be busy. if I don't I will keep notes of highlights. aloha and mahalo for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are getting lots of good experiences in the short time that you have been there. I already miss having you around the house. You add a different energy that keeps things light and spirits high. Thanks for calling the other night, it was nice to hear from you. I hope you call again soon. Be safe, have fun & Love ya! P.S. Kush sure misses ya, if we say uncle Kyle she goes nuts and looks for you. I think having Josh dive the van kind of confuses her because when she see the van pull up and Josh come in, I don't think she understands it.

    ReplyDelete