mission statement

I, Kyle "KDOG" Meyer, am creating this blog to document an exciting time in my life. I will use it to provide pictures, updates, entertainment and useful information to family, friends, and the internet community.

Monday, January 23

waipio valley

I went to waipio valley after leaving kolekole and had my toughest time hitching yet. so man cars past and I walked for many miles. but I got there hoping to meet with some people but didn't. a few people asked me if I was going to do the trail up the other side of the valley to where there is huge beautiful waterfalls. i chilled on the beach for awhile and decided I was going to try to climb the other side. I totally under estimated it and realized that I didn't have enough water and it was getting dark so I set up to camp behind a tree. I was just going to sleep on my tarp until a huge roach all most crawled on my face so I set up my tent on a very unstable part of land. it was the first time I camping in the woods by myself, sober. walking down to the valley in the morning I seen 3 hot chicks that camped on the beach and wished that I would of done the same. I was super exhausted after climbing down the valley and back up the other side. hitchin went good though. I got a ride to the first town the made my way to he highway where I was an hour drive from where I was going. I got picked up by someone who was going where I was. they smoked 2 fatties with me and we just listened to rap music the whole time. when I got to kona I called this guy who responded to my couch surfing request. he picked me up when he got off work and we wen t have a drink with some of his co-workers. it was nice to take a real shower and being showed hospitality. I'll be staying with him again tonight with possible 2 girl couch surfers which should be fun. going to maui tomorrow. might try to get food stamps out here, I heard its easy and it would most defiantly help me out. kona side is a different world compared to Hilo. Hilo is a lot more hippies and townies and kona just seems like lot more money and fancy fancy like Waikiki. I'm really excited for maui and he mystic island fest where I'll be able to participate in some workshops and do my volunteer gig. I'm going to try to get more dedicated and update more frequently. hope all is well to everyone reading, give someone a hug today! hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment