mission statement

I, Kyle "KDOG" Meyer, am creating this blog to document an exciting time in my life. I will use it to provide pictures, updates, entertainment and useful information to family, friends, and the internet community.

Monday, January 23

volcano

after leaving robins I headed to volcano national park. I stayed at a hostel outside the park for the night before heading out to see the volcano. it was nice to spend time with other travelers but the bed I had kinda smelled and it was 25 for a night. I left early in the morning and hiked around the volcano. there was no chance for me to see hot liquid magma but I did get to see t smoking. with the volcano being active it put off a smoke that is called vog. it seems like it bothers some people and others don't notice it. there were certain places you couldn't go around the volcano because if you did the vog could be dangerous. I was going to stay a a campground by the volcano but decided I wanted to go back to Hilo to try to meet some people. while hitching I seen this girl that introduced her self to me the day earlier so I got off my hitch to go talk to her. her and her friends invited me to eat at a diner with them and then invited me to camp with them at this park. the park we camped at was super nice right by the oceans and had electricity. I stayed down there 2 nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment