mission statement

I, Kyle "KDOG" Meyer, am creating this blog to document an exciting time in my life. I will use it to provide pictures, updates, entertainment and useful information to family, friends, and the internet community.

Monday, January 2

finally an update


so after fire tribe gathering I stayed on the north shore for 2 nights and was shown hospitality by awesome women who reminded me of a fairy god mother. she had magic. she was a fellow Iowan and was a pleasure to stay with. she set me up on a very comfortable bed, offered food, took me on a small tour of the north shore and raised my spirits.  she performed some sacred sound healing on me, using crystal singing bowls, rattles and a few other interesting instruments putting me into a pleasant trance. i also had my oracle read o me twice. one way was by asking my question then closing my eyes and picking through a wide variety of rubber duckies to find my answer, the other was by choosing a card. my question for the rubber ducky oracle was "will i get a crew together for burning man?" my answer was, it would be cool but if not ill meet some people to go with or chill with there. the night after staying on the north shore I was shown hospitality by a friend of a girl I couch surf requested. set me up with nice place to sleep, offered me food and told me to leave when I wanted. it was soo nice to be trusted in someone house who just knows me from Facebook. good experience! I headed out to the jungle forest valley on the 21st. the bus system out here has been very good to me. the trail was beautiful. the views outstanding. after about 40 mins on he the trail I run into 2 girls from Europe heading to the same place as me, home. they were full of laughs which let me know all ready these were going to be some cool people to connect with. we were greeted at the the trail going down to the gathering by who I will call, young master splinterchi, with hugs and a "welcome home"! I think there were six of us the first night down there. I naturally put myself on the task of collecting fire wood, while YMSC prepared primo teas, others drummed, sang and other tasks that need to be done to live in the woods. we boiled our water for the first few days to make sure not any  bacteria from wild boar poop was in our water. someone brought a water filter later for us to use. the gathering grew everyday, while there were people coming and going. some people didn't bring tents or tarps and started to build shelter using the materials the forest provided. mogley built himself a sweet hut. I didn't poop for like the first 4 days I was there which got me a little worried but I massaged my stomach some and asked Santa to let me poop for Christmas and he did thank god. maybe my body was just like I need a toilet but we had shit pits dug. ha nuff bout poo. so more artist and instruments started coming in which was very nice. every night for awhile it was like listening to people's personal playlists on random which was kind of repetitive but tonight I kinda miss it. the second day in the woods 2 men came down to camp and a girl I will call sweedie pie gave them such an excited bright welcome home, and then was rushed by a bunch of dogs who belonged to the men who were pig hunters. it was super funny.  the dogs were very skinny and sad looking and the hunters were friendly and seem to mind us being in a spot they were trying to hunt. on my way to town to charge my phone I see the hunters and they got a boar. I congratulated them on there kill and the slightest bit sketched that these dudes waving their rifles all around knew a small group of us would be camping down there. it was all good though. the group meals made it really fell like family down there. we would circle up sing a song, say a prayer, om, and eat up our carbs. at first I was hesitant to let out an om, but with every meal I became more confident and enjoyed oming more. my boots totally failed out on me my first day on the trail. I guess that's what 20 dolla boots from Kmart gets me. still think I might send a letter of complaint to coleman. so I was a little worried about getting another pair before big island where I need them for farming. I looked at the mall on one of my town trips and it was lookin like I was going to have to spend 30-40. I didn't get any boots and right when I get back to camp a brother i will call love Viking had a pair of very nice steel toe work boots for me. perfect size and everything. he said someone was going to throw them out and he scooped them up for me. I was astonished. I spent a lot of time tending the fire and sitting on rocks, so when I would go relax on my air mat in my tent it was ecstasy. laying there so comfortable listening to what's going on and drifting thinking about how good I am feeling but still telling myself to get up and go be social. it was amazing how with very little direction we had all worked together to create a harmonious home in the woods. at one point I looked around at a bunch of brothers and sister working on tasks to the beat of tribal drums in the background. I traded my hammock for some sun glasses and also traded a bandanna for a pretty cool watch. I almost came to tears my last night down in the valley because of all the love and joy and family I had experienced, and was sad I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone but I'm sure I'll see a lot of them again. dragon who I had met at fire tribe  told me that I'm coming out of my shell more which was a good feeling. we ate a lot of rice and beans but people also forged for lillacoi (passion fruit) bread fruit and a few other things. I felt like an avatar eating the passion fruit. people also forged for bamboo which was turned into blow poles for the fire and someone also made a water pipe with some. though I vaguely noticed some people contributing more work then other it I never heard anyone complain about somebody else being lazy. a sweat lodge was built on site but I didn't use it. I swam in the river a few times and wore the same outfit days on end. we did Chakra cleansing a few nights along with chanting. I stay up late a lot of the nights and slept way in some days. o dreamland. we had a monumental fire for N.Y.E which was nice because that was my last night down there. sweet treats at night included chocolate covered coffee beans, crystallized ginger, pop corn, along with massages going on everywhere. gathering was 95% alcohol free which was nice not to blur the clarity of love and light. I didn't disconnect with the outside world totally because I surprisingly got service deep on the valley. my new years resolution was to give more hugs. I don't think I'll ever forget my first rainbow family gathering!  
we are circling 
circling together
we are singing
singing out heart song
this is family
this is unity
this is celebration
this is sacred 
if I forgot anything I'll add it soon

I'm on big island now, staying at a campground/hostel. 10bucks a night ain't bad for the facilities. so yeah I hope I can keep updating now I have some external solar powered batteries that work and I think I'll be near electricity for awhile. my pack has gotten so much lighter, left some things at homies and got ride of some stuff, thanks y'all for reading, love ya all. and if you fell like helping support your favorite mutt I do have a yellow donate button on the right side column, and if anyone has suggestion about things they would like to see me try or do just shoot,


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you've been having lots of great experiences. I hope that your next destination is as if not more enjoyable! We all miss you back home! One of your shirts that you left got into the laundry some how and Kush found it, sniffed it for 10 minutes, and then laid her head on it and feel asleep. She misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound interesting Kyle. Watch out for the Kukui nut. To much Kukui will make you go PooPooie. And be careful of the water. Keep writing when you can. Be safe.
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete